Working With The Environment
We are committed to minimizing the potential impact on the environment through the adoption of sustainable practices and continuous improvement in environmental performance. The recyclability of an average temporary warehouse modular building is 88% – meaning at the end of its long life the majority of parts can be recycled. Through recycling a number of benefits can be achieved:
- Substantial energy savings can be made by using waste materials rather than raw materials, these energy savings can be made from reducing transportation emissions and the process of raw materials
- The amount of material that ends up in landfill is reduced. This not only prolongs the life of the currently diminishing landfill sites but also reduces the amount of gases released into the atmosphere from this process
- Aluminium and steel – the main components used in our modular buildings and temporary warehouse buildings – also have a scrap value, potentially rendering the process of disposing of the material at the end of its life neutral / positive
Demonstrating a resolute commitment to continually reduce any environmental impact, HTS tentiQ have been awarded
ISO 14001 certification in Environmental Management. To achieve this accreditation a detailed and effective company environmental management system was implemented that is continually tested, benchmarked, measured and improved.
Key Environmental Policy Principles
- Management systems – to implement effective environmental management systems and to ensure the environmental awareness of our workforce, encouraging every employee to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Continuous improvement – to improve the environmental performance of our processes and products through research and development of new technologies, preventing and reducing emissions and releases, minimizing waste and controlling noise.
- Sustainable development – to contribute to sustainable development by using energy, water and raw materials efficiently, thus optimizing our use of natural resources.
- Product stewardship – to promote the recovery, recycling and re-use of our products and to work with our customers to understand the environmental effects of our products throughout their life cycle.
- Suppliers and contractors – to encourage suppliers and sub-contractors to behave in a responsible manner and to maintain sound environmental practices.