Industrial Temporary Buildings Reduce Cost Of Off-Site Storage
LT Series Industrial Temporary Building
The customer looking for an industrial temporary building solution was a global packaging manufacturer employing around 16,000 employees in over 30 countries. One of the primary UK sites purchased an HTS tentiQ building in 2015 in order to reduce off-site storage costs. With three years cost analysis showing substantial cost savings in areas such as transport time, fuel costs and third party warehouse management, the company began making plans for a second industrial temporary building on the same site.
Feeling confident in HTS’s ability to provide a superior product and service the customer had no hesitation in choosing HTS for this second project. Unlike the first building which was located at the back of the site, this second building was going to be road side and needed to have green panels to fit in with the local authority’s planning requirements. Ground preparation for the building involved a concrete ring beam which could also accommodate a bespoke dock leveler. The final specification of the complete building was as follows:
- 1 x LT Series Industrial Temporary Warehouse 30.00m wide x 75.00m long x 6.00m high
- Ground preparation: concrete ring beam
- Thermo insulated roof to prevent condensation and aid temperature control
- Green insulated composite wall panels
- 9 personnel doors, 1 electric roller shutter and 1 combination door (speed and roller shutter combined)
- Full external guttering system and down pipes
- Wind and snow structural calculations specific to the site and location
- Installation : 12 days
Once the building was installed a detailed program of landscaping and a bespoke dock leveler was installed. Left until last to avoid any damage from the construction machinery the customer installed a flooring system over the pre-prepared concrete base.
The company calculated that the payback on the building investment would be three years. After this period the savings they make on the reduced off-site storage could be invested back into the business. With the figures looking so lucrative plans for a third building are already underway!