Prefab workshop for plant maintenance
L Series prefab workshop
A national plant hire company recently approached HTS when they needed a prefab workshop to ensure vital maintenance work could be carried out undercover at a new depot. In order to guarantee a next day delivery service the client has 14 depots strategically placed around the country. With a new depot opening in Leeds, they needed a workshop area fully operational as soon as possible to ensure continuity of this service.
Because a rapid solution was needed the customer quickly decided against a more traditional permanent structure and started looking at prefab options. They did also look at other suppliers of prefab and demountable workshop structures but liked the idea of dealing directly with the manufacturer as opposed to a third party.
Working closely with the HTS representative the prefab workshop specification agreed on and installed was as follows:
- Insulated workshop 15.00m wide by 20.00m long and 5.20m wall height
- 2 x personnel doors and 1 x electric steel roller shutter door
- 2 x runs of UPVC guttering including down-pipes
- Side and gable walls supplied in 40mm insulated, composite cladding
- Roof and gable cover – industrial grade, air-filled white PVC coated fabric
- Modular lighting system to provide a minimum of 150LUX internal light distribution
Now the prefab workshop is installed and fully operational all the plant hire equipment can have routine maintenance carried out quickly, efficiently and in a dry, safe and controlled environment; ensuring machinery is kept in top working condition and always available for prompt next day delivery.